REGIONAL DIGITAL EAST AFRICA UNIVERSITY FAIR
Regional Digital East Africa university Fair is designed in response to the growing demand by African students who sought information on tertiary institutions across East Africa and other opportunities available within the Education sector in East Africa. There will be on spot student recruitment, showcasing of various university faculties and social, cultural activities and available scholarships. The digital Fair will bring together potential students, parents, tertiary institutions, other stakeholders in the ecosystem.
- Higher education plays a unique and pivotal role in promoting East Africa’s co-operation and regional integration. Higher Education has recorded strong growth in East Africa in recent years due to increased demand.
- Education provides a fertile ground for innovation and research, which are the very tools that we need to face, address and, ultimately, solve global challenges. it is essential to make use of technological innovations to make education more inclusive, if we want to reach equality.
- The use of websites, subscribing to academic journals, use of intranet, social media, and other e-learning tools have revolutionized the academic sector in East Africa.
- The current population of Eastern Africa is 283.7 million based on the latest estimates of the East Africa Community. Majority of whom are youth between the age of 18-35 years who fit in the tertiary level of education. A survey of students found that the three key factors that determined their choice of Tertiary education were safety, employability and reputation (QS-I GAUGE, 2020).
- Findings by the Inter-University Council for East Africa, show that Uganda has at least 63% of graduates found to lack job market skills. It is followed closely by Tanzania, where 61% of graduates were ill prepared. In Burundi and Rwanda, 55% and 52% of graduates respectively were perceived to be competent. In Kenya, 51% of graduates were believed to be unfit for jobs.
- Easily access to information about available relevant courses and career guidance enable prospective students to make choices about education relevant and practical for them and in the context they are in. This will ensure their engagement and consequent integration into the labour market, allowing them a better quality of life.
- The fair will enable institutions of Higher Learning and education stakeholders across the region to present career pathways and education opportunities to prospective learners, school leavers, parents/ guardians and members of the East African community who wish to pursue University education as well as develop their skills or improve their employment prospects. Hence this Digital University Fair is an opportunity to reach a wider audience with limited resources.
- This present an opportunity for us to host a digital East Africa University Fair that could easily connect potential students and universities on our digital platform at their comfort to facilitate easy flow of information, guidance, network and engagement.
The Theme is
“Unlocking opportunities for Higher Learning institutions in East Africa”
- This event is designed to connect East African Universities with potential students from across the region and around the globe.
- The event will provide a platform for exhibitors and partners in the tertiary education ecosystem to showcase their institutions and reach their prospective audience in a cost-effective manner.
- To showcase East African Higher Learning institutions within the region.
- Participants will engage in meaningful discussions, learn about new developments and innovations, and build relationships with fellow educators and institution
- To provide a platform for exhibitors and partners in the tertiary education ecosystem in East Africa to showcase their institutions and reach their prospective audience in a cost-effective manner.
- To facilitate access to information and empower prospective students to make informed decisions about their education and career paths.
- To enhance accessibility to prospective students to obtain relevant information from higher learning institutes
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
👉 Universities, Colleges and other Higher Education Providers
👉 Secondary and School leavers
👉 Service Providers
👉Corporates or Private and Public Organizations that offers Sponsorships/Scholarships/ internship programs to students
👉 Relevant Government Departments, Agencies, Regional /UN institutions, NGO’s working in education
REASONS TO ATTEND;
- Opportunity for tertiary institutions to recruit students for certificate, foundation, undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
- Engage with various tertiary University stake holders in East Africa as an attendee
- Network with other universities, service providers, agencies, attendees in the tertiary education ecosystem
- Brand and Showcase other services and programs available at your institution
University Digital Fair Outline
The Digital Fair will bring together students and tertiary education providers with the focus on linking these institutions with prospective students. The main areas of the fair will be exploring various programs/courses from foundation, certificate, diplomas, post diplomas, undergraduate, Masters, postgraduate, and short courses delivered in campus, virtual and long distance, with a visible increase in interest for professional qualifications. The digital fair will facilitate the flow and access of information and expectations between prospective students’ institutions.